I make a design that helps business work. I launch projects, develop site and app layouts, create posters and elements of corporate identity. I manage processes in the design team, from principles to launch.
I am searching for a system in every step of my project. I make prototypes and test them on real data. I respect and maximize the resources of the company. I know HTML, CSS and some JS. I know the basic Agile techniques.
Auto-classified av.by, Lead Product Designer, Jan 2019 – now. av.by — the winner of the contest “Brand of the year – 2018” in the category website about buying and selling cars. The project is among the most visited resources of the Belarusian Internet segment. In addition to the site, the company has a mobile application for Android and iOS with a total monthly audience of more than 200,000 users. Every month av.by visited by more than 450,000 people according to Gemius Audience Data. I worked on:
- Development of prototypes, animations and layouts for new and support for the company’s current mobile (iOS, Android, Web) and desktop applications. I make prototypes and test them on real data. Used Agile. Participated in customer development. Built a design system for new apps.
- I manage the processes in the design team (2d Artists, UX and Ui Designers), from principles to final launch. Im searching for a system in every step of my project. I respect and maximize the resources of the company. Oversaw team and kept members on task to complete orders according to deadlines.
- Collaborated with the marketing leadership team and functional management to achieve the business and marketing strategy objectives. Participated in the description of the criterion for the acceptance of user stories. Planned and implemented new features to modernize products and optimize uses in strategic plans. Increased penetration of customer base to 50% with innovative promotional strategies.
- Established and maintained productive dialogues across all channels to support product development, continuity and improvement initiatives. Worked with product development team members to optimize product specifications.
Together with the team launched a child project Mascot. Mascot is the only auto award in Belarus.
Auto-classified av.by, Product Designer, 2017 – 2019. I worked on:
- Offered suggestions to enhance the product’s design, which would improve the user experience. Observed quality control procedures. Created product prototypes using Sketch, Zeplin, Principle.
- Development of prototypes and layouts for new and support for the company’s current mobile and desktop applications. Work with the product manager, development team and marketing director. Building and maintaining a design system and information architecture. Wrote down details regarding each step in the product’s design process for use in manuals. Mastered Jira and Confluence.
- Collaborated with peers and other design team members to discuss product enhancements and features. Supported production of various proposal volumes under tight time constraints. Adhered to all corporate brand guidelines when preparing graphic materials. Designed and printed online interactive sales and marketing collateral. Contributed ideas during strategic and conceptual brainstorming sessions. Observed quality control procedures.
Marketing agency Cheshire Cat, Lead UX and UI Designer, 2016 – 2017. Marketing Agency of a full cycle. The company develops the projects, starting with analysis and ending with the corporate style of the company. The company plunges into business and finds a solution that brings profit to the customer. I worked on:
- Worked with customers to present mockups and collect information for adjustments. Partners with potential clients to determine the strengths, weaknesses, benefits, and gains of the project.
- Effectively collaborated with the design team by managing the production of the project and delegating responsibilities to team member.
- Submitted design ideas in early planning stages with customers and project managers.
- Oversaw team and kept members on task to complete orders according to deadlines. Contributed ideas during strategic and conceptual brainstorming sessions. Drove business growth and success through implementing marketing and sales strategies.
I and my team launched 16 projects. For example, the site for shops selling office chairs: kingstyle.by – for the year after launch, profits increased by 220%. Website for entrance door salons: ds-steelline.by – before launch, the shop sold 40 doors per month, after launch 210. Another example, website for furniture salon: domani – after launching the site, number of visitors doubled.
Marketing agency Cheshire Cat, UX and UI Designer, 2013 – 2016. I worked on:
- Created drafts and layouts. Created project timelines.
- Interacted effectively with clients during the design phase of the project to troubleshoot issues and gain valuable insight.
- Created user friendly websites and apps, ensuring users could easily navigate menus and quality content. Developed easy-to-use interfaces that complied with project and client specifications.
- Proficiently mastered web designs from conception to completion, including graphic design, artwork, and digital application.
- Worked closely with graphic designer, editors and development team to appropriately evolve designs from concept to launch.
- Worked closely with several cross-functional teams including business solution architects, customer operations, support and training teams and engineering to maximize product efficacy.
- Drove the alignment of business requirements, user-centered design methodology and technology factors to create successful UI and UX designs.
Used skill in Photoshop, Sketch and Zeplin, Figma, Illustrator, Axure, Principle, Pixelmator, Invison, Affinity Designer to create images and layouts.
Construction company “Alliance Corporation”, Assistant of Leading Designer, 2012 – 2013. I worked on:
- Performed digital retouching and image editing and utilized software, including Photoshop.
- Eliminated bugs interfering with user experiences, generating over 116 positive customer feedback comments.
- Proficiently mastered web designs from conception to completion, including graphic design, artwork, and digital application.
- Developed and maintained company style guide.
- Identified and resolved issues with website functionality, enhancing the site’s appearance and ease-of-use. Updated and managed existing website properties for a construction company.
- Successfully integrated websites to work with social media.
- Created clear icons, messaging, buttons and other UI elements for smartphones, tablets and web applications.
App Sovest. Sovest is a deferred payment card. Previously, the application could not be used until you order a card. The motivation to get one was small. Now the application shows a huge selection of products and features of the card, while offers to order it.
Radioemoji 1.0. It is a plugin that will help you to find out what users think about your content. Seven emotions in a set, any text on the buttons.
Website Brumby. The task is to make a minimal first version of a website for a startup from Amsterdam. The site says that the company helps professionals find the best companies, and companies find the best professionals around the world. The site tells the idea of the name of the company and gives contacts.
Website Mascot. Mascot is an car award in Belarus. The award site solves many problems. We will introduce the conditions of the participants of the award. We will give the opportunity to apply for participation. We will tell about partners. We will tell about the nomination and methodology. We will introduce to the experts. And we will give the opportunity to vote for the best cars that fall into the qualifying round. We will draw prizes among the voting participants so that they will not be lazy to vote.
Website Crossfit Martell. New website CrossFit Martell solves two problems: tells beginning athletes of CrossFit and convinces local and foreign people to register for classes.
Сompany Stamp av.by Even though you can find documents with cool logos and different fonts, you won’t see any other with unique stamps. I stand by the idea that important documents must be modern and remarkable. Your original stamp is the best advertisement that goes straight to the CEO’s table gets signed and leaves a great mark in his memory.
Concept app Health. The Health app monitors the users health and wellness. It suggests recommendations for disease preventions and treatments, sends notifications to the user when it suspects illnesses, and tracks the user’s pulse, blood pressure, cholesterol, and more. The Health app is supported by the chip Watcher 2. Users do not need to purchase a separate device to use the Health app. It can be installed on any IOS or Android platform.
Navigation for gym Sportfamily. The gym inside of the Business Centre has been opened for nearly 2 years. First time visitors could not easily find the entrance and they constantly complained about it. Therefore, to help make the entrance more visible, Egor Selutin and I created signed and strategically placed them throughout the area. The directory sign has to be useful to answer questions. What is its purpose? Where should it be placed? How far away is it? These are the questions we asked to create the answers that we used as the foundation for the system. With this base, it is easier to create the directory sign for any location.
Metro map of Minsk. June 2017, my team diligently for 8 months to create an informative metro map for my city, Minsk. We were challenged by the Art Director to design a subway map that all other cities would envy.
Logo Chingiz Allazov. Chingiz Allazov is Muay Thai fighter,13-time all-star, world champion, 14-time all-star, Republic of Belarus. During his 13 year career Allazov had more than 250 fights, including amateur and professional fights, winning 99% of the fights.
Mobile app Yandex.House. In 2016, I worked on a project for Yandex Design School. I created a mobile app to pair with Yandex New Smart Concept House system.
Design School Bureau Gorbunova, 2017 – 2018. I finished all three steps and defended a thesis project. Improved skills in the following disciplines: typography and layout, user interface, data visualization, prototyping, negotiations and relationships, project management and results.
Master of Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, 2015 – 2017. Faculty “National Economy”. Online marketing and e-commerce. I am able to create projects for advertising campaigns, because I am a graduate of the Google Graduate and Online Marketing Challenges program.
Bachelor of Belarusian State University, 2010 – 2015. Faculty “Radiophysics and Computer Technologies”. I studied programming and quantum physics. Knowledge of programming languages helps me understand how layouts will work in a product.
User research, strategy design, design system, information architecture, user interface design, graphic design, customer development, empathy, card sorting, task analysis, rapid prototyping, personas, FIRE, accessibility, user interviews.
Courses and workshops
“User Interviews” by ITMINE, “Clear Understanding of Project Goals” by Ilya Birman, “Project and personal time management” by Nick Toverovskiy, “Typography of Layout” by Igor Shantg, “Agile techniques” by Dzmitry Yaltykhau, “Pereverstka” by Igor Shtang.
Publications and press
Marketing.by av.by showed how the car turns into money.
Transit Maps Absolutely beautiful map.
International Science Forum, “Millenials in Science and Art”. The effective approach for classification of electronic sales.
Communication in Social Human Knowledge, Economics, & Education. Materials 4th International scientific-practical conference. Infographic as effective tool for content-marketing.
Portfolio of projects 2013 – 2014. Belarusian Government University. Design for camera obscura for X-rays and graphic analyses of processing and dissemination of research results.
Honors & Awards
Transit Maps Absolutely beautiful map. Jun 2017. Submission – Unofficial Map: Minsk Metro, Belarus by Ilya Birman, Ivan Zviahin and Konstantin Evstratenko.
Internet-award TIBO. Apr 2016. Diploma of the second degree of the competition “Internet-award TIBO” in the nomination “Corporate Internet resource”.
Photoshop, Sketch and Zeplin, Figma, Illustrator, Axure, Principle, Pixelmator, Invison, Affinity Designer, Keynote, Jira, Confluence.
I play basketball, snowboarding. I love everything related to city navigation and transport schemes, collecting maps. I teach students at the university in free time.
English B1, Russian C1, HTML, CSS, know a little JS.
CV print version PDF, 1.2 MB